A while back, fishing used to be an entirely different game, you usually only used a poll in some patients that's all you needed. While those days seem like they're over because technology has made a full scale integration to the entire art of fishing. We used to look at one area and decide hey do you think that is a good spot to fish? Now that has been replaced by all this part has a lot of fish. Thanks to modern technology the modern fishermen fishes with the new device called a portable fish finder. And today we will be here to teach you how to find the best portable fish finder for your buck.
Basically if you are looking for a portable fish finder the first thing you need to look at is how many watts your portable fish finder currently has. You need to make sure that the watts are very high in your portable fish finder, the higher the watts the more high-quality your portable fish finder will be. The next thing that you will want to be looking at is how many pixels does your unit have. The more pixels that you have the better your product will be. You need to make sure that you get a very clear picture of what is going on underneath the water, and the best way to do that is to get a portable fish finder with the ability to see quality images on the screen.
The next thing that you need to be worried about purchasing is called the transducer. This is basically the device that sends out of the sonar in order for you to be able to read what is under the water. Another thing for you to worry about and think about getting is a transducer with a higher wattage. Another device you need to be worried about is called a side scan. This device enables the angler to be able to see what is going on other side of the boat with a very clear picture of what is going on. The quality is in fact so high that the angler is able to see every large and small rocks on the floor of even the most murkiness waters.
Another thing to be on the lookout for when you buy a portable fish finder is your display screen. You need to make sure you do not buy a display screen with a black and white image the more color display screen has the better images you are going to be able to see underwater. Although very new to the market there are some HD screens available for you to see underwater with a lot more clarity than current devices. One more aspect to think about is your screen size you need to make sure that you have enough viewing surface in order to see everything that is one on underwater. Of course if your screen is very small enough to be able to see pretty much anything.
Another thing that is widely talked about is whether you should get a fix or a portable fish finder. Some say that the situations are better when you have a mounted fish finder onto your boat. Although everyone will have their opinion, portable fish finders serve you for a variety of reasons. Some people may need to be renting a boat some people may be just be ice fishing for a while but need to carry a portable fish finder nonetheless.all in all always make sure that you find the best unit for your price that you're willing to pay.
So never forget, when you are out looking for a portable fish finder make sure that it will through to these five points:
- Always pay attention to the resolution that the display comes with. You need to make sure the display is the highest resolution available that your money can buy.
- Make sure you know what type of transducer you are buying; single frequency will be more for use for lakes and shallow water. And a dual frequency it is for deep-sea fishing.
- How big is the display that you are buying, every fish finder has a different size display the larger the screen the better because the more information you see .
- The next thing to be looking out for is how deep can your sonar reach. Remember that the debts that are explained on the box are only for Clearwater.
- The last thing to pay attention to is the power of your unit. The more power that you can buy the better, it might be a heftier price tag for you but you will be thanking yourself for it.